Lip Injections are currently one of the most popular treatment options in the world. Whether you are correcting asymmetry, wanting to make them more full or replacing what has diminished over time – Gita Izadi at Neu Look Med Spa can help you achieve what you’re looking for with over 15 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner. Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus, Juvederm Volbella, Juvederm Vollure and the Restylane family (Refyne, Silk) are our most popular filler choices here at Neu Look Med Spa. You will arrive 15 minutes early so Gita can apply a topical numbing cream before your injection for comfort. The lip fillers also have lidocaine mixed in them for that extra numbness to be provided.
The main ingredient in Juvederm and Restylane is hyaluronic acid which is a natural occurring component in our bodies. That being said, no one is allergic to it so there is no fear of having a negative reaction to the filler. There are no side effects from the filler, only from the injection itself being swelling, possible bruising and tenderness.
- Juvederm Vollure by Allergan is an FDA approved for the lower face, chin, nasal labial line and jaw line. At Neu Look Med Spa we use this for lip augmentation as well. This product comes in a 1cc syringe and can be customized
- Juvederm Ultra by Allergan is best for patients who want a more full or plump lip shape. The product comes in a 1cc syringe and is the equivalent to ¼ teaspoon. This particular filler is a thicker emulsion of hyaluronic acid that Gita can customize to give you the desired shape you want.
- Juvederm Volbella by Allergan is thinner formula that will give you a softer look opposed to the Juvederm Ultra. This product comes in two treatment options being a ½ cc syringe and a 1 cc syringe. First time filler patients have the option to start with the smaller dosage and gradually work up to a full cc. This product (0.5 cc) is good to use for the vertical and horizonal lines on the upper lip area. It can be used for patients who don’t want to have plumper lips. The 1cc will provide an elegant volume that will look very natural and part of it can be used to soften the lines on upper lip area.
- Restylane (Refyne, Silk) by Galderma is perfect for smoothing fine lines around the mouth and giving a natural looking result. This is a great product that will never leave you looking overdone. It comes in a 1cc syringe that injects in seamlessly.
- To reduce the possibility of bruising start Arnica.
- Reduce the intake of anti-inflammatory.
- Reduce the intake of alcohol and vitamins.
Post Treatment :
- You can see immediate results and 5 days post treatment you will see the final result of your lip augmentation.
- Lips will be swollen for 5 days,
- Apply ice for 2 hours.
- Continue using your Arnica.
- Use Anti Aging lip balm with SPF since your lips will be extremely dry for 5-7 days.
We retail Epicuren lip balm for you to take home after your appointment to ensure there is minimal dryness post procedure because it is so important to keep your new lips hydrated! Call Neu Look Med Spa at 858-538-5665 to schedule your lip appointment today and as always contact us with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edited by Gita Izadi, Nurse Practitioner