Filler and Lift sale!
From today until September 26th, tomorrow (September 19th) until the 26th, we’ll be running the following promotions:
- Juvederm Ultra Lip Filler for just $450
- Younger hands for $300 off (two syringes)
- Eyebrow Thread Lift for $499
- Under-eye Thread Lift for $399
- Latisse for $149
- Buy one product get the 2nd one for 50% off!
And then next Tuesday (September 24th) from 12 – 5pm, be sure to join us for our Botox party to get:
- Botox for only $11/unit
- Dysport for just $3.50/unit
PLUS, bring a new friend and receive 5 FREE units for you both!
Space is limited so give us a call now to book your appointment!: (858) 538-5665
💜 xo Gita
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share a few photos with you from my trip to Alaska. I had the best time ever getting close to nature!
I’m so excited be back now though and I am feeling fully refreshed and ready to take care of our wonderful patients!
Has anyone else went on any fun vacations lately? Recommendations for my next trip?
My Acne Journey
My skin journey has been a long one filled with various products, skin treatments, medications, and lifestyle changes. I know the dream answer to managing your acne would be one thing. Like there is this one product that will change everything or cutting one thing from your diet would fix it but it takes more than that. Acne is a more aggressive issue than that. I have had acne since I was about 12 years old. Growing up I knew that acne was genetic but now that I have gotten older I know that besides that the biggest cause of acne is your hormones. The most important thing to managing and getting rid of acne is being consistent AND never picking at them and turning them into acne scars.
Personally, I use the Obagi Clenziderm System which is for acne prone and oily skin. With oily skin, you want to use products that will dry out the excess oil like salicylic acid, retinoic acid, and benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid and retinoic acid work to unclog pores, retinoic acid also works to prevent breakouts and minimize acne and acne scars, and benzoyl peroxide works to eliminate the acne-causing bacteria. But remember, you will need a moisturizer to go along with these products. Even though salicylic acid, retinoic acid, and benzoyl peroxide are good to rid your skin on the excess oil and bacteria, they will dry out your skin. That’s why you absolutely MUST buy a good moisturizer. I would recommend either Skin Medica’s Ultra Sheer Moisturizer or Obagi’s Hydrate Luxe. Moisturizing will add the hydration back to your skin. Otherwise, when your skin dries out it will try to overcompensate, produce more oil, and result in you breaking out. The key is finding the balance between drying out the bacteria and acne but not too much so your body has to over compensate.
Along with a great home regimen, consistent treatments such as peels, Microneedling, Dermaplanning, and acne-cortisone shots will be helpful. Microneedling and Fractional will also be effective for acne scars. Our Skin Medica Vitalize and Rejuvenize peels along with the Dermaplanning will help rid your face of the dead layer of skin, on your face. They will also help your skin develop new healthier cells. The Rejuvenize is a deeper peel that we recommend for people that have more acne and acne scars. It is more effective for tougher skin because it penetrates deeper in your skin. With the acne-cortisone shots, they are usually for huge individual zits. Our nurse practitioner will inject a diluted corticosteroid into the zit and it will start to deflate within a few hours. Like we’ve mentioned in our other blogs Microneedling and Fractional both work to resurface the texture of your skin. Microneedling will use microscopic needles to scratch the surface of your skin to promote more collagen production and soften the surface of your skin. With fractional, it is a laser that penetrates deeper into the skin and has a longer down-time than the Microneedling. Both treatments require a consistent home regimen to see the best results.
Don’t Forget About Proper Nutrition!
Last but certainly not least, a key aspect of minimized acne is the foods you eat and put into your body. Everybody’s body is different so if you really struggle with cystic and hormonal acne I would talk to a dermatologist or endocrinologist about the foods you should and should not consume. For me personally, I need to stay away from sugar and dairy but everyone is different. Everyone’s body and skin is different so try different treatments and products and see which combinations work for you!
Book your appointment now!
Schedule a consultation with our practice and let us help you with your acne journey. Call us at (858) 538-5665.
Aging and Radiesse
Aging affects all parts of the body, and the hands are no exception. They used to be a sign of age prior to aesthetic companies finding ways to combat the skin aging. From loss of strength and grip, increased stiffness and lack of mobility, the hands show the signs of aging in many ways. However, one of the first signs of aging in the hands is a cosmetic concern, but one that can affect the happiness of your patients nonetheless. Lines and wrinkles develop in the hands because the skin loses its ability to retain moisture, which can lead not only veins becoming more visible with a thin, papery appearance, but it can also lead to skin becoming dry and itchy. Not even Sun Protection such as SPF can help with signs of aging on the hands but luckily we live in an aesthetically aware age where we have Radiesse.
What is it made out of?
Is it safe?
Radiesse injections are generally safe, effective, non-surgical and have minimal pain, without any significant downtime. We use proven safe, gentle and easy anesthetic options for your added comfort. Younger looking hands begins immediately. However, any swelling & bruising that may occur masks final results until gone. To minimize bruising and swelling from Radiesse, avoid aspirin & aspirin containing products for at least one week prior to Radiesse hands injections. And if possible avoid ibuprofen for 3 days prior to Radiesse hands injections. Avoid other blood thinners per your prescribing physician’s recommendation. Contraindications include allergy to Radiesse, pregnancy and nursing and significant bleeding disorders. We avoid any infected skin until healed so be sure to inform the practitioner prior to coming in, if this applies to you. The most common side effects are bruising, redness, swelling, pain and itching. Reversible lumps or bumps have been rarely reported to occur. Serious adverse events are rare, but may include tissue damage from unintended intravascular injection, allergic reaction and infection. Minimize strenuous activity and avoid extensive sun or heat exposure for 24 hours after Radiesse injections and until any swelling or redness has resolved. Ice, cold packs and ibuprofen may be used after injections as needed. Results usually last from 1 to 2 years or sometimes, longer. It differs per person due to their lifestyle, environment, and metabolism.
However, you can always use the following to try to get the longest possible out of your pricey filler. Overexposure to the sun’s UV rays reverse the benefits of your injectable treatment. This is why we encourage all filler patients to practice sound sun protection, especially post-treatment. Maintain your results longer by using a high quality broad-spectrum sunscreen, avoiding the outdoors during peak UV hours and applying sunscreen every 2 hours. Limiting your body’s stress is another way to lengthen the effect of your filler. Use these steps and tips in order to have the best Radiesse experience!
Call us at (858) 536-5665 to schedule an appointment, with our Radiesse expert, Gita.
Back by popular demand, Neu Look Med Spa & Skin Center is throwing another Botox Party this coming Tuesday, on August 27th, 2019 (before Gita’s vacation) from 10:30am – 5:00pm.
- Bring a new friend and get 5 free units of Botox for BOTH of you (*minimum of 30 units)
- Get Botox for only $11/unit (*minimum of 30 units)
- Get Dysport for only $3.50/unit (*minimum of 30 units)
PLUS, from August 28th until September 6th, we’re doing Full Face Makeup Application for just $25 as well as IPL Face for $199 on Tuesday, September 3rd.
Call (858) 538-5665 to schedule your appointment now!
Summer is here…talk to your doctor!
Purchase a $100 Botox Cosmetic Gift Card for only $75 to use on your next Botox Cosmetic treatment, or make it a perfect gift for your loved one! Purchase up to 4 gift vouchers to use at Neu Look Med Spa through the Brilliant Distinctions program.
Give us a call today to schedule your next appointment: (858) 538-5665
*Offer Terms And Conditions
- Standard Brilliant Distinctions® program rules and conditions apply. For more information about the Brilliant Distinctions® Program, including a list of eligible products and full program Terms and Conditions, see BrilliantDistinctionsProgram.com and the Brilliant Distinctions® FAQ.
- Gift card(s) valid for $100 off BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment(s) starting July 1, 2019 at participating Brilliant Distinctions® provider offices only.
- A healthcare specialist will decide if member is an appropriate candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. If a member is an appropriate candidate, the gift card(s) will be applied toward the cost of the member’s BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment at a participating provider’s office.
- If member is not an appropriate candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment, gift card may be applied toward the purchase of any treatment in the Brilliant Distinctions®Portfolio, excluding SkinMedica® and LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03%, at a participating provider’s office.
- Limit four (4) rebates per member/purchase, one (1) redemption per rebate.
- No refunds or cancellations. Please allow up to 24 hours for processing. Please allow 3 business days to receive your rebate(s).
- Gift card(s) valid for new and existing Brilliant Distinctions® members. Must be a Brilliant Distinctions® member at time of rebate redemption to be eligible. To register for Brilliant Distinctions®, click here.
- Members will earn Brilliant Distinctions® points on qualifying treatments and purchases.
- Gift card(s) not valid and points are not awarded for a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment if it has been less than ninety (90) days since a member’s last BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.
- Gift card(s) cannot be applied to past transactions.
- Customers should use the complete value of each individual gift card in a single transaction. If there is a balance on your gift card, please contact Brilliant Distinctions® Customer Suport at 1-888-324-2745 (9AM – 8PM ET, M-F).
- Only four(4) gift cards can be used per transaction. Gift card(s) can be combined with other Brilliant Distinctions® offers, rebates, and standard Brilliant Distinctions® Rewards.
- Allergan reserves the right to alter or cancel this offer at any time.